Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hidden Experience

It's kind of funny. Whenever we have Max with us during worship service someone always says "Just you wait till he starts walking, talking and getting into everything". We usually just smile and nod (saving the giver of unsolicited advice from embarrassment). That is, until Lucas runs up and says "Hi Daddy! You packing up your drums? Can I have my velociraptor?"

I guess we are out of the ordinary. Twenty-five, married for five years, three kids under four... (please, don't check my accuracy). I think people at church are getting used to the three ring circus performance as we try to leave the building (the past couple Sundays I have smelled popcorn - but I hope that is unrelated).

At the end of service, Jenni goes and rounds up the kids from their respective classes and I pack up my drumset as fast as I can. Then, we grab our coats off the coat rack and head to the foyer to get ready to go. I am convinced that it's impossible to put a coat on a kid that does not want to wear one! (Sometimes, there is quite a scene when leaving church)

Bring on the popcorn!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I totally agree about the coat thing - Rachel HATES wearing hers, even when it is 10 degrees outside she will fight tooth and nail to keep it off.

And funny you should mention popcorn. Yesterday I went to get Rachel up from her nap and her room, for some bizarre reason, smelled like popcorn. So I was dumb enough to ask "Rachel, why does your room smell like popcorn?" and had to then deal with half an hour of "Popcorn! Please? Please, Mama? Popcorn!" *sigh* It's going to be interesting when we get these four together!