Saturday, January 19, 2008

Laptop? or Dinosaur Platform!

Well, if you know Lucas you know about his two obsessions right now: Dinosaurs and organizing his dinosaurs. I have walked into the living room many times to see a reenactment of "The Great Dinosaur Migration" - dinosaurs lined up wall-to-wall all facing the same direction. Today we tried something new. Grandma Julie sent a "Land Before Time" animated storybook (computer game). I set up the laptop on the coffee table and connected a mouse. The mouse sensitivity was turned down so low that you have to use the entire table to move the cursor across the screen. Lucas was having a blast clicking on the fossils and watching the story. He seemed pretty entertained so I decided to go into the other room and let him play for a while.

When I came back the laptop was closed and a herd of dinosaurs were migrating over it. I don't even think they realized the technology they had stumbled upon. And probably the funniest part about all of this (and I realize that I don't notice this anymore) was that Lucas did not have pants on.

So where was Chase during all of this? Sleeping. Where was Max? Under the coffee table.

I just don't know.

2 comments:

Becca said...

It's pretty sad when you don't even notice that your child doesn't have pants on! That will have to change before he goes to kindergarten!

Brian said...

Well yeah... Your statement was rather though provoking. I just looked at Lucas and he is not wearing pants.